Wearing – Long Sleeve Polka Dot Midi Pleated Dress c/o Rosegal | Shoes – DSW, shop similar | Ralph Lauren bag | Ray-Ban Wayfarer (Polarized)| Parasol from Chinatown in New York, shop on Amazon | Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color (Rebel Red) |
How excited do you get for packages? For me, the whole joy of online shopping lies in the wait and arrival of my order. I get excited for the smallest of things in the mail. Most times, online purchases have turned out to be successful. Like this Polka Dot Pleated Dress. I was a bit skeptical as it was a new brand for me – Rosegal.
So let’s talk about the dress. I am wearing a medium and it runs true to size. The dress looks formal and conservative with the long sleeves, bow neckline, and midi length. If you push the sleeves up it looks much casual, and I prefer it that way. It has an elastic waist and the bottom part of the dress is pleated with A-line fit. But I mainly got it because of the polka dot print. The dress material is polyester which I knew already from the product description. I do avoid polyester but I made an exception here because I really liked the dress.
I have been getting few inquiries about the overseas websites (from Asia) I feature on the blog and they are all about the quality. To be honest, I cannot give a blanket answer to this question. So here are few tips/things to help you decide.
– Don’t go by the images. Read the product description – the material, fit, etc.
– Sizing is not standard. See the size chart for the product. Often times we get the wrong size because we go for our usual size.
– Look for customer feedback or reviews.
– You get what you pay for. If you are buying a $10 dress don’t expect high quality. Having said that, I don’t mean that the $10 dress should fall to pieces after few wears.
– Most clothes on these websites are ‘inspired by’ or following the current trend.
– Shipping takes times because it comes all the way from Asia. So be patient.
– Follow your gut. I know it sounds abstract but you can tell if it looks or feels not right or the other way round. I have turned down few sellers because I could tell from the website that the quality won’t be satisfactory.
At the end of the day, it is a gamble. So know that not all deals will fall through. I have been burnt a few times but in those cases, I don’t feature them on the blog. But overall, I have been pleased and sometimes amazed by the quality.